Second Chances

"One, Two, A-One, Two, Three, Four!" Molly counted off then the guitar intro to "River Deep, Mountain High" played.

Yup, yesterday was our assignment day for Chorus, and who was up first but Molly and me.

"When I was a little girl, I had a rag doll.
Only doll I've ever owned." Molly's voice was sweet yet powerful.

"Now I love you just the way, I loved that rag doll.
Only now my love has grown." I took my turn to sing.

"And it grows stronger, in every way!" Molly's voice got higher.
"And it gets deeper, let me say." We harmonized.
"And It gets higher." Molly sang.
"Day By Day" I joined her.

"Do I love you?
my oh my!
River deep mountain high!
Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
If I lost you, would I cry.
Oh how I love you baby,
baby, baby, baby!" We danced around and sang.

"When you were a young boy
Did you have a puppy
That always followed you around" I sang and twirled around so the skirt on my dress could fly around.

"Well I'm gonna be as faithful as that puppy" Molly walked across the stage.

"No I'll never let you down!" Our voices mixed.

"Cause it grows stronger, like a river flows" Molly's powerful voice sang.

"And it gets bigger baby, and heaven knows
And it gets sweeter baby, as it grows" We harmonized.

"Do I love you my oh my
River deep, mountain high
Yeah Yeah Yeah
If I lost you would I cry
Oh how I love you baby, baby, baby, baby" We rocked.

We took a second to dance around.

"I love you baby like a flower loves the spring" Molly sang.
"And I love you baby like a Robin loves to sing" I replied.
"And I love you baby like a school boy loves his pet" Molly's voice got higher.
"And I love you baby, river deep mountain high!" When we sang deep, we ducked down and when we sang high, we threw our hands in the air.

Molly harmonized while I danced like my life depended on it.

"Do I love you my oh my, oh baby
River deep, mountain high
Yeah Yeah Yeah
If I lost you would I cry
Oh how I love you baby, baby, baby, baby" We sang then spun around and posed, but not before giving each other a high five.

Everyone erupted in cheers.
"WOOOT!" Callie and Peter yelled.
"GO MOLLY AND PRU!" Elizabeth and Casey screamed.
Ryan and Jake whistled.
Even Nathan clapped!
I scanned the crowd for Jessica, but she wasn't there!

We bowed and Mrs. Hodge sent us back to our seats.

After us, Callie and Peter went on stage
and sang P!nk's "Raise Your Glass." They were phenomenal!
However, what really got my attention was how Callie was staring at Peter when she sang. It looked more like an "I-love-you" look than a "Your-My-Best-Friend" look.

After them, Casey and Ryan went up and sang Paramore's "The Only Exception" They were awesome! Casey was staring at Ryan the whole time he sang, and Ryan did the same to her when she sang.

Then, Elizabeth and Jake went up and sang "Don't Go Breaking My Heart."
THEY. WERE. FANTASTIC!
They rocked the house, I was smiling. They looked so cute together and their little co-ordinating outfits were an adorable touch!

Then, Nathan stepped up to the mic.
"Nathan, where is Jessica?" Mrs. Hodge asked.
"She went on Thanksgiving vacation a day early, but that doesn't matter.
What matters is that I lost someone very important in my life these last few days.
She's the main reason why I get up in the morning. I hope this song I'm about to sing will make her even consider taking me back, but I don't expect her to, because a beautiful girl like her deserves better than me." He said with his gaze fixed on me.

I wasn't moved.

That all changed when Cindie played the piano intro
to Bruno Mars' "Just The Way You Are"

My jaw was on the ground way before he opened his mouth,
and that only caused it to fall further.

"Oh her eyes, her eyes
Make the stars look like they're not shining
Her hair, her hair
Falls perfectly without her trying

She's so beautiful
And I tell her every day

Yeah I know, I know
When I compliment her
She wont believe me
And its so, its so
Sad to think she don't see what I see

But every time she asks me do I look okay
I say

When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are" He pointed to me and I blushed.

"And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are" Molly and Callie were looking at me incredulously.

"Her lips, her lips
I could kiss them all day if she'd let me
Her laugh, her laugh
She hates but I think its so pretty

She's so beautiful
And I tell her every day

Oh you know, you know, you know
Id never ask you to change
If perfect is what you're searching for
Then just stay the same"

"So don't even bother asking
If you look okay
You know I say" His voice got stronger when he ended that part

"When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are
And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are" He smiled.

"The way you are
The way you are
Girl you're amazing
Just the way you are" His voice got higher than I thought was possible.

"When I see your face
There's not a thing that I would change
Cause you're amazing
Just the way you are" By then his face was inches from mine and he was singing directly to me.

"And when you smile,
The whole world stops and stares for awhile
Cause girl you're amazing
Just the way you are
Yeah." His baby blue eyes were still fixed on my chocolate brown ones.

"Please give me a second chance, I know you probably hate me. But Peach, I can't go on without you." He used one of his cheesy lines.

"Well, if you stop using those cheesy lines, then yes. I will give you a second chance." I joked and we hugged.

"AWWWWWWW" Everyone chorused.
I became Peach again, literally.

"Well, class. You have shown me that you are capable of singing everything from Bruno Mars." Mrs. Hodge nodded to Nathan "To Tina Turner." She nodded to Molly and I.

"So what's our next assignment?" I finally got up the courage to ask.

"Callie, you will love this." Mrs. Hodge winked at Callie, but Callie didn't catch the inside joke.

"What?" Callie asked.

"The Beatles." Mrs. Hodge declared.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH" Callie screamed and bolted to hug Mrs. Hodge.

"You have all of Thanksgiving break to pick a song, and when we get back you will tell me which you choose. Have a good Thanksgiving everyone!"
Mrs. Hodge smiled and sent us all on our way out of the halls of AGPPA.

[I just realized that last line rhymed, spooky.]

**Prudence..**

Comments

  1. OMG! Molly and You were awesome! You 2 singed the song soo Good!!
    I cant believe The next Assignment is the BEATLES!!! AHHHH! This is going to be fun! lol

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon Letters...?

Dig A Story

Final Farewell