Love Is All You Need.

"YAY! YOU GOT BACK WITH HIM!" I yelled happily.

Yesterday was The Beatles assignment for Chorus, and Jake and Elizabeth got back together!


Iknewitallalong.


Elizabeth smiled and giggled like a little kid. Jake smiled and chuckled a bit.

Jake had just apologized to Lizzie by singing The Beatles' version of "Dizzy Miss Lizzy," which OUR Lizzie L O V E D!

"Fantastic job, Jake! Your an AMAZING singer!" Mrs. Hodge complimented. Jake smiled "Thanks, Mrs. H."

"Okay next up is......" Mrs. Hodge trailed off, looking for someone to sing.
"PRUDENCE!" I jumped up in shock.

ME?
I CAN'T GO!

"Can someone go before me?" I asked sincerely.
"Sure, dear. How about....... Callie!" Mrs. Hodge proposed.

Callie ran up to the stage before anyone could protest.
She scanned the crowd, flashed me a smile, waved to Molly,
then began to belt out the words to "I Don't Want To Spoil The Party" by her boys, The Beatles.

"I don't want to spoil the party, so I'll go.
I would hate my disappointment to show." She made a gesture that said 'Harmonize!'
I agreed.

"There's Nothing for me here, so I will disappear!" Callie's melodious voice sang while Casey and I sang 'Ooooh, ooooh.'

"If he turns up while I'm gone please let me know." Callie said, looking for Peter. Just then, like clockwork, Peter showed up.

"I've had a drink or two and I don't care,
There's no fun in what I do if he's not there,
I wonder what went wrong I've waited far too long,
I think I'll take a walk and look for him." Callie said as she spun around, but she didn't notice it.

"Though tonight he's made me sad,
I still love him," Callie held the note on 'I still love him.'

"If I find him I'll be glad,
I still love him." She did the same thing again, only this time, she unknowingly pointed to Peter.

"I don't want to spoil the party so I'll go,
I would hate my disappointment to show" Callie realized what she did.
Casey and I harmonized once again, but we were too fixed on what was going on to know if we were on pitch or anything.

"There's nothing for me here so I will disappear,
If he turns up while I'm gone please let me know." Callie sang awkwardly, never loosing the pitch though.

Then Ben busted out into the guitar solo. Molly and Casey hopped on stage to dance around Callie, who was nervously staring at Peter, who was giving her a death glare.

"Come on, Cals! Relax!" Molly said as she spun Callie around and Callie spun to center stage.

"Though tonight he's made me sad,
I still love him" Molly and Callie sang.

"If I find him I'll be glad,
I still love him." Callie sang amazingly.

"Though I've had a drink or two and I don't care,
There's no fun in what I do if he's not there,
I wonder what went wrong
I've waited far too long," Callie sang with tears in her normally happy blue eyes.

"I think I'll take a walk and look for him." Callie sighed.

Molly and Casey danced around and posed, while Callie ran off stage and out of the auditorium.

Peter looked at the door, obviously deciding whether or not to run after her.
"RUN AFTER HER, YOU IDIOT!" Ryan shouted.

Peter did as he was told, busting out the doors while shouting "CALLIE!"

"Someone should go after them." Mrs. Hodge sighed.
"I will" I offered then ran after them.

I bolted down each and every hallway in the school.

No Callie.
Not. One. Little. Sign.

I let out a long sigh, then walked into the band room. I heard some soft guitar strumming.

"Callie?" I asked.
"Go away." The voice muttered.
"Please Callie, it's me Prudence." I said.
"Pru, leave. It's obvious I'm unlovable." Callie sighed.
"Don't say that! Everyone loves you!" I smiled.
"Not Peter." Callie said.
"Forget Peter, he's a jerk! A stupid one too." I tried.
"But he's my best friend." She softly said.
"If he was you friend, he would have told you a better way than giving you the death stare." I advised.
Callie seemed to know I was right, because she placed the guitar down.
"I knew it, I spoiled the party for everyone."
"NO! Callie you were amazing, and you don't spoil the party, you START the party!" I corrected.
"Didn't you already say that to me?" Callie asked with a smile on her face.
"I forgot, but it's the truth." I said, wagging my finger in her direction.

"Why does this always happen to me?" She asked after a few seconds of silence.
"What?" I asked.
"How come, whenever word gets out that I like a guy, does he always avoid me? Is there something wrong with me?" Callie looked down.
"No, there is nothing wrong with you." I comforted, pulling her into a hug.
She started crying.
"If there wasn't anything wrong with me, Peter would like me more than a friend." Callie sobbed.
I patted her back, trying to calm her down.

That's when I remembered.
"OH MY GOD!" I yelled, breaking the hug.
Callie sniffed "What?"
"We have to get back!" I simply said then pulled her back to the auditorium.

Just as we busted through the doors, Ryan had finished singing "Do You Want To Know a Secret." By The Beatles, I was awestruck;

He sang it for Casey! How sweet! Casey and Ryan had run into each other on Tuesday and Ryan kinda blurted out "I like you more than a friend." Ryan must have decided that the Chorus should know.

I smiled, Callie looked disgusted.

Step two in heartbreak; after crying, think love is disgusting.

"Callie." I said sternly, which caused her features to brighten up a bit.

After Ryan finished, he asked Casey to be his girlfriend which, of course, she agreed to!

Then Casey went up and sang "Got To Get You Into My Life" to show Ryan that the feelings were mutual.

After Casey, Jessica strode on stage and walked up to the mic
"Well, I was gone all last week and now it seems like people are bored with me." She sighed. "I just don't want you guys to in a sense 'pass me by'" She entered air quoted around "Pass Me By," then she appropriately sang "Don't Pass Me By."

Keith then walked on stage, grabbed a guitar and sat on a bench and said "Well, over Thanksgiving Break, my dad was notified that he had to go back into battle and was supposed to be sent back to Iraq as soon as possible." Keith sighed, his dad is in the Military and wasn't in battle for 5 years, but now he's back there. "I just miss him and I hate having him be a million miles away." He sighed, then started singing "Across The Universe." I took a quick look at Molly and she looked on the verge of tears.

After Keith went up, Molly volunteered to sing.
"Stay." She ordered Keith, and Keith obeyed.
"I'm really sorry about your dad." Molly sighed.
"It's okay Mc- Molly. It's not your fault." Keith reassured.
"I wish there was a way you could see him." Molly sighed.
"Well, don't worry, he's coming back for Christmas." Keith smiled which caused Molly to smile as well.
"I want to sing you something to make you feel a bit better, 'cause even though we're constantly at each other's throats, I still care about you. I will always be here for you Keith, but I am just wondering, will you?" Molly asked then the introduction to The Beatles' "When I'm Sixty-Four" played.

"When I get older, loosing my hair, many years from now." Molly sang.
"Will you still be sending me a Valentine, Birthday Greetings, Bottle of Wine?" Molly spun around Keith, who had a smirk plastered on his face.
"If I'd been out 'til quarter to three,
would you lock the door?" Molly imitated locking a door.
"Will you still need me?" She stood in front of Keith and bent to one side.
"Will you still feed me?" She bent to the opposite side.
"When I'm Sixty-Four?" Molly smirked then Keith spun her around.

After Molly sang, then Peter walked up.
I was giving him the same stare he had given Callie.
Nathan walked up to me "Whoa Peach, you win at giving death stares." He joked.
I smiled and turned to him "Hush up, Nathan."
He grabbed his heart "My own girlfriend, telling me to 'hush up?' Oh the horror!"
I smiled "You know I'm only kidding, Nate." I stretched up and kissed his cheek.
"I l-" He started, but got cut off by Peter announcing.

"I am going to sing a song that's about not hurting someone that you care about." He stated.
"TOO LATE!" Elizabeth called out.
"Yeah!" Molly agreed.
"It's just, I know she's been hurt a lot. Heck, I've hurt her sometimes. Not physically but still, and I just want to sing this song to apologize to her and maybe start a relationship with her." His eyes were traveling across the room.

I smirked, he must've done that on purpose.
It wasn't right, but it made the song seem more appropriate.

"Oh Darling!" He sang out.
"Please believe me!
I'll never do you no harm." He had a powerful voice.
"Believe me when I tell you, I'll never do you no harm." He nodded at Jessica, who smiled back.

WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA!

After that, I blocked out his singing, I couldn't get over how mad I was.

After his performance, he went down to Jessica and he asked her out.
She agreed and they hugged. I was about to go ape crazy.

Which, I did.

"YOU!" I yelled, running at Peter. I jumped on him and started slapping him mercilessly.

"PRUDENCE!" Nathan yelled, and picked me off of Peter. I was laying horizontally in Nathan's arms with my arms and legs flailing.

"YOU LITTLE JERK FACE! AND TO THINK I HELPED YOU PICK OUT YOUR SONG! YOU NEED TO GET HIT BY A BUS!" I yelled out at the top of my lungs.
"Wait, what?" Callie asked.
"YOU HELPED HIM?" Her voice became a yell.
"I thought he was going to sing it to YOU!" I yelled.
"Why would I sing it to her?" Peter asked.
"BECAUSE I THOUGHT YOU LIKED HER!" I yelled.
"Like her? Callie? No." Peter simply said, he had his arm draped around Jessica.

"Peter Frasier, you are a jerk. No not a jerk, you are a piece of crap. A piece of crap that has been stepped on, eaten, spit back out, eaten again, crapped out, then shot." Callie simply said, then kicked him in the leg.

"OW!" Peter limped.
Jessica and Peter went over to the other end of the auditorium.

"Um, how about Prudence goes next?" Mrs. Hodge tried to calm us all down.
"Okay." I sighed, then nodded for Nathan to put me down.

As soon as I got up on stage, I spoke into the mic.
"This song is for Callie. Cals, you've been broken a lot lately, but don't worry. You'll take them broken wings and learn to fly." I winked then sang;

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise" I played guitar and sang.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these sunken eyes and learn to see
all your life
you were only waiting for this moment to be free" I sang to Callie.

"Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night."
Nathan and I harmonized, then I played the guitar a little.

"Blackbird fly, Blackbird fly
Into the light of the dark black night." Nathan and I chorused again.

Nathan took the guitar and played the solo amazingly, I looked at Callie and she looked like she was on the verge of tears.

"Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly
All your life
You were only waiting for this moment to arise,
You were only waiting for this moment to arise,
You were only waiting for this moment to arise" I smiled to her.

Everyone (besides Jessica and Peter) jumped up and clapped.
"WOOT!" They all screamed.
Nathan walked over to me and kissed the top of my head "I'm proud of you Peach." Callie ran up and hugged me "Thank you! That is the nicest thing anyone has ever sang to me."
"No problem Callie, you've been here so many times for me. It had to be done." I smiled.

Mrs. Hodge clapped "That was beautiful, Prudence! Nathan, would you like to go next?" She asked.
"Yes, miss." He smiled then walked up to the front of the stage.

"This song is for Prudence. I wanted to tell you this earlier, but I thought right now would be the best place." He smiled then started singing;

"I give her all my love
That's all I do
And if you saw my love
You'd love her too
I love her"
I was about to fall over.

"She gives me everything
And tenderly
The kiss my lover brings
She brings to me
And I love her"
I giggled insanely, Callie gave me a knowing smile.

"A love like ours
Could never die
As long as I
Have you near me"
He made his way by me and grabbed my hand.

"Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die
And I love her" He smiled then kissed my forehead.

H-H-H-H-HE LOVES ME!
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH


.
.

okay, I'm back. That was me fainting.

Then came the guitar solo, which Cindie played PERFECTLY. Callie looked at her best friend proudly.

"Bright are the stars that shine
Dark is the sky
I know this love of mine
Will never die
And I love her" Nathan sang, sweetly.

"I love you, Prudence." He whispered, causing me to get the chills.
"I love you too, Nathan." I beamed and he kissed me.

A REAL KISS.
I insanely giggled, once again.

"Well now that every one's happy, it's time for me to sing a song." Tyler said, waltzing up to the stage.
"Callie, get up here." He ordered.
"Why?"
"Because, you need to sing too." He explained.
"Oh okay." Callie smiled then walked over to Tyler.
"I got the idea to sing this song by most of today's events." Tyler sighed. I mentally noted that he looked too much like a blond George Harrison.

Spooky.

"Well, Monroe here and I have a song to sing. It goes something like this." He smiled then nodded to Cindie to start up the band.

A folk guitar intro played.
"I'm looking through you." Tyler sang to Jessica
"Where did you go?" Callie finished to Peter
"I thought I knew you." Callie sang again.
"What did I know?" Tyler asked while singing.
"I'm Looking Through You." They harmonized.
"YOU'RE NOT THE SAME!" They raised their voices.
Then they danced.

After they sang, Mrs. Hodge complimented them and all of us.
"Well, your next song assignment is...........
Love songs! You have until next Wednesday!" She smiled then sent us all out.

L o v e
Love?
love?
LOVE!

**Prudence..**


[ooh, By the way. REST IN PEACE JOHN LENNON! WE LOVE & MISS YOU!]

Comments

  1. omg! I knew all along that Nathan LOVED you! That was soo sweet of him! I want to tell Jake that I Love him But...I'm not sure If I'm ready yet!

    ~Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon Letters...?

Heartbreak

Dig A Story