Good Day, Sunshine.

"COME ON GIRLS! WE HAVE TO GO" Molly said, pushing all of us out of our house.
"Wow Molly, pushy aren't we today?" Callie said, sarcastically.

Molly narrowed her eyes at Callie and Cindie giggled quietly.
"Come on Molls, why do we ALL have to go to your vocal lessons?" Chrissa whined.
"Because, I want you all to meet my vocal coach." Molly said, in the taxi on our way to the vocal studio.

We all got out of the car and Marisol payed the taxi driver.
Molly ran inside with Julie, leaving the rest of us in the dust.
I mouthed the words 'I'm Sorry' to Abbey, but all I got in return was Abbey glaring at me. The remaining eight of us walked inside and followed Molly. When we arrived where Molly gets taught, I looked around. It was a small room, but it had a bunch of pictures plastered on the wall of musical artists. Then a sing-song voice entered the room.
"Molly!" Someone sang flawlessly. I turned to see a woman, in her late 20's or early 30's with a blond bob and big brown eyes, running and hugging Molly. Molly introduced her to us as "Ms. Anna"
After we introduced ourselves Ms. Anna asked us
"Girls, do any of you sing?" and we all just looked around.
"No, Ms. Anna, I'm the only singer in the bunch." Molly said with pride.
Ms. Anna nodded, "I see, well does anyone want to sing a song for me?"
Sonali and I both raised our hands.
Ms. Anna picked Sonali to go first.
Sonali whispered in Ms. Anna's ear, and Ms. Anna's eyes lit up.
Ms. Anna motioned for Molly to go to the front of the room and then she whispered in her ear, Molly seemed excited and ran and pressed a button on the iHome on Ms. Anna's desk.
We all sat down and didn't know what to expect.

The intro to Taylor Swift's 'I Heart ?' played through the speakers.

my first thoughts were;
WAIT, when did Sonali start listening to Taylor Swift?!

She sang amazingly, every one's jaws hit the floor, Chrissa and Molly looked at her proudly and Ms. Anna stood in awe. We all clapped, and shouted "WOO!" or "NALI!!"

Sonali smiled and bowed, then made her way back to sitting next to Chrissa and Cindie. "Bravo!" Ms. Anna shouted, then turned to me. "Now what would you like to sing, Prudence?" I wondered, then came up with a great idea. I got up, walked over to her and whispered "Good Day Sunshine By The Beatles, Please." She smiled and nodded then went to go play the song. I was going to sing Abbey's favorite song to show her just how sorry I was. The intro played and Abbey looked like she was forcing back a smile. I opened my mouth to sing "Good Day Sunshine" and every one's eyes grew, was I good? Was I bad? Did I have toilet paper stuck to my shoe? I didn't know and it was aggravating me.

After I finished the song, everyone clapped and cheered. Abbey looked a little sad, but then she beamed. Ms. Anna was clapping thunderously "Good Job, Prudence! I love that song, and you did a fantastic job singing it!" She applauded. "Thank you, Ms. Anna" I replied then sat back down next to Marisol and Julie.

After all of that, we had to go home. We all piled into the taxi and asked the taxi driver to play the radio. He hit the button and the sound of "Good Day Sunshine" filled my ears once again.


It had been a good day.
**Prudence..**

Comments

  1. ooooh! I like that song "good day sunshine"! I hope it helped you and Abbey be BFF'S again!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon Letters...?

Dig A Story

Final Farewell