Battle of the Best Friends

Tensions rising.
Frustration building.
A slight depression increasing.

The only thing falling?
My tears.

Why am I crying?
Abbey and Jackie have apparently hated each other since the day Abbey came to AGPPA.

Was I aware of this?
No.
Should I have been?
DUH.

The line was crossed in first period, Spanish.
I sat on the right side of the room, in a table with Marisol, Cindie, Abbey and myself.

Jackie, who was seated on the other side of the room, raised her hand. Our teacher, Senora Wilamza called on her.
"Yes, Jackie?"
Jackie shot an evil smile towards Abbey and asked,
"How do you say 'Freaky Go Green Girl' in Spanish?" Jackie asked.
Abbey, who I was sitting by, slid back in her chair a little.
Then after Senora Wilamza gave Jackie the translation, Abbey's hand flew up.
"Yes, Abbey?"
Abbey turned to me, then Marisol, then to Cindie, then finally said.
"May I go to the school nurse?"
I immediately started thinking NURSE?! WHY DOES SHE WANT TO GO THERE?!
"Oh, okay. Feel better, oh and Prudence, could you go along with her?" Senora Wilamza asked of me.
"Sure" I said while getting up and walking my best friend to the nurse's office.

We walked in silence for a while, the silence was deafening.
She broke the silence.
"Great, now she will be able to insult me in another language." Referring to the question Jackie had asked Senora Wilamza.
"Abbey, I swear, I didn't know you two were enemies, if I had known I'd never have been her friend." I sighed.
"But you're still friends with her, that's what makes me mad." She replied.
"Only because she's the only one besides our family and Rebecca and Julie from the Internet who has been nice to me!" I yelled.
"WELL MAYBE I WOULD INTRODUCE YOU TO SOME OF MY FRIENDS IF YOU WEREN'T ALWAYS SITTING BY JACKIE AND THE POPULAR GIRLS." She screamed in reply.
Yup, we were screaming our heads off in the middle of the hallway.
"SHE'S ONLY MY FRIEND, YOUR MY BEST FRIEND, AND YOU KNOW THAT!" I screamed at the top of my lungs.
"WELL, YOU KNOW WHAT?! NOW SHE CAN BE YOUR BEST FRIEND." She screamed then huffed away.

I didn't have a best friend anymore,
and it was all thanks to Jacqueline Wilson.

**Prudence..**

Comments

  1. omg! I had no idea that they hated eachother either! But I have to say Abbey should be able to deal with you being friends with her and have put aside there difrences for you!

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Get Well Soon Letters...?

Heartbreak

Dig A Story